Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gardens and all things weather.

I seem to have recaptured the gardening bug since the warmer weather came - within the bounds of my capability at any rate (I can't walk without a stick and my garden is on a slope with steps) - but parts of it are beginning to look quite presentable.  I am buying some plants each week and what I can plant I am putting in for myself - others are waiting for my gardener to plant.

My front lawn seems to be a haven for dandelions.   But as my neighbour H says - we do back on to a grass field and dandelions host thousands of seeds so the result is inevitable really.  When I took Tess for her early morning walk today I picked the heads off ten dandelions as I crossed the lawn (yes, I know they are pretty when they are in flower, but think of the seeds I am preventing from floating about in a couple of weeks).   An hour later I went out to drive into town and was able to pick another fourteen heads on my way to the car.   Now, looking out of the sitting room window there are at least as many again shouting to be picked, so out I shall go when I have finished here.

I think I speak for us all here in the UK when I say we feel better for a few days of warm and sunny weather.   In fact I think I shall take my lunch out on to the patio to eat - and if this weather carries on I shall shortly be out and about looking for a bench to sit on out there.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar