That is, protective equipment was usually required to make it through the afternoon safely.
A helmet and shoulder-pads wouldn't have gone astray.
I would only stop refereeing long enough to cook the dinner in five minute bursts before the next argument broke out.
"He's got my scissors!"
"She totally KNEW I wanted to use the computer!"
"Give me my purple/blue/pink highlighter/pencil/rubber/pencil sharpener or I'll hide your sports uniform/instrument/hat so you get a detention at school"
"I'M SITTING THERE!! I BAGGSED IT!!" {I'm not sure if this word translates...but to "bags" something is to reserve it for yourself e.g. I bags the front seat in the car!}
In desperation {why do I always have to get to the point of desperation before I change things??}, I decided to sacrifice our dining room, which really only gets used every couple of weeks anyway, and turn it into the homework area.
I also included some grammar explanations which I was sick of repeating.
I tried to write words which would "speak" to each child's personality.
{Her bloggy code name is Lucy...her real name starts with a G}
Four sides of the table with a child each side = PEACE
I also included a special spot for their water glasses.
So I promptly got the crayons out again and wrote these strategically around the tablecloth.
The functionality of this tablecloth is endless:)
Four sides of the table with a child each side = PEACEI figure that once it gets dirty, I'll wash it and we can do it all again.
It only took 15 minutes.
I also included a special spot for their water glasses.{That so rarely happens...I was so happy}
Homework from that day forward has been AMAZING.
I haven't taken another photo, but after reading a book about pastoral care I remembered I should be reinforcing the "fruits of the spirit" to the MAX! How could I have overlooked such a great opportunity??
Love
Joy
Peace
Kindness
Gentleness
Patience
Goodness
Faithfulness
Self-Control
So I promptly got the crayons out again and wrote these strategically around the tablecloth.
The functionality of this tablecloth is endless:)
We've got the computer nearby, so if they need to look anything up it's close by.
I also put on some soothing music in the background from our iTunes account.
Angus and Julia Stone or Adele seems to be the order of the day at the moment.
Although, I'm sure they snuck in some Panic at the Disco last week.
Ah, the serenity.
An egg timer for computer use also equals peace.
Love you more than macarons.
Meredy xo.






0 Yorumlar