Aren't my little boys sweet holding hands and saying "come on lets run thru the flowers ....they won't care."
I love planting herbs and flowers together. Varying the textures....some fuzzy,round,linear with varying color...green,gray,gold and blue all together in an interesting container.
These are mini birdbaths...Don't really think a real bird could ever fit in it to bath but there just so cute. Made by a company called Burly made in the US...gee how often do you see that??? The grass was left over from flats I seeded for Easter that were not big enough to use at the time. I may try to make little Happy Mother's Day Flags for them...I should have thought ahead and asked Rosemary to make me some.
I cheated here and just put in some plugs just to see how it looked but I'll have to find something else that's a little better rooted. I'd love to use the moss I have in my backyard that I showed in a previous post. It's so green and lush.
I didn't always love hens and chickens all that much before, but there are so many different kinds now and I am after all a foliage girl.
I know it's just lettuce but it also makes a great window box or container plant...and what else could you ask for....beautiful and edible. While your watering it you can stop and take a nibble.
Hydrangea....well what can I say???...it's probably our most popular flowering shrub. I vowed last year that I was going to remove some of the ornamental grasses and plant a ton of them ~ all kinds ~but we never did. We have many of them already but I want some varieties we don't have yet...
This is our beautiful flowering quince. Last year I never got to see it in flower. George kept saying you have to go look at it.... It's gorgeous!!! I kept thinking I will when I get a chance. And when I finally did it had gone by!!! You know what they say ~ Take the time to smell the roses. Well in this case ~take time to see the flowering quince. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!!!!
Hugs,
Carole

0 Yorumlar