Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PFW SS20: Giambattista Valli

Giambattista Valli - Impeccable Detailing

Much like Ralph & Russo, I also covered the Giambattista Valli runway as part of Couture Week. The main reason I paid attention to the brand was due to their collaboration with H&M. H&M work with one designer each year and it is Giambattista Valli's turn. 

I did wonder how they would make some of the more traditional Giambasttista Valli tulle designs friendly for the general market but somehow they managed and there is one dress I would love to get my hands on, the hot pink tulle masterpiece that Kendall Jenner wore to the AmFar. That dress is the stuff of dreams. I actually tried to buy it but it sold out before I could even get a look in.

Picture from Vogue

Spring/Summer 2020

There is less tulle in their standard runway and a lot more patterning. In Couture they use the fabric for detailing whereas during Ready-to-Wear there is a lot more patterning which is slightly less time consuming to make and less individual. 

The runway contained a lot of red and pink which helped to make the runway look incredibly feminine and cutesy. However, there still felt like there was more variety in this runway than there was in Givenchy. I actually had low hopes for the Giambattiasta Valli runway after the first few looks but then they completely smashed it with a trench coat/trousers combo. The two pieces are slim but not skin tight. They are perfectly formed to the model and honestly they look amazing. This look really shows the strength of good tailoring. The suit is covered in an old-school, ornate floral design and I honestly think it is beautiful. 

Picture from Vogue

The rest of the runway retains the femininity of the Couture runway but in a more wearable style. The dress above is my absolute favourite from the whole runway. I love the floral print, the ruffle edging and the halterneck style. This is such a beautiful dress and a beautiful design. Halterneck dresses seem to be a thing this season so it might be worth looking into that silhouette. 

Picture from Vogue

I didn't really know what to expect from the Ready-to-Wear, I knew it wasn't going to be too similar to the Couture runway as Couture is more of a one off and it is slaved over for months whereas Ready-to-Wear is a little bit more casual. However, there are elements of the Ready-to-Wear that is shown within Couture. There are elements of tulle within some of the looks, creating ruffles. There is a lot of detailing on a lot of the outfits which is a key part of couture and it is all about the shape created which has been carried through to Ready-to-Wear.

Picture from Vogue

Based on This Show, What Should You Add to Your S/S Wardrobe?

Halterneck Dress - There seem to be quite a lot of halterneck dresses throughout the Spring/Summer runways. My favourite dress from this runway has a halterneck line and it is something that really suits me (not to toot my own horn or anything.) 

Tulle Skirts - I've always admired the Dior Tulle Skirts but Giambasttista Valli are giving Dior a run for their money, I love the craftsmanship of this skirt and it borders on their Couture looks.

Ruffles are the Look - Ruffles were a subtle part of last season but they seem to have made a come back in a big way this season. I love how they were included in this runway and I definitely need to add more to my wardrobe for next season.

Bucket Hat. Last season Dior championed the bucket hat but Giambasttista Valli are carrying it through to Spring/Summer. I have been after a good bucket hat that doesn't make me look like a missing member of Oasis, so let me know if you have any recommendations.


If you want to see more of the Giambattista Valli Runway, take a look at the Vogue article: Giambattista Valli

Check out some of my other Fashion Week posts:


PFW: Givenchy
PFW: Ralph & Russo
PFW: Balenciaga
PFW: Elie Saab
PFW: Balmain

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar